CONCACAF’s qualification tournament for the 2015 Women’s World Cup, the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship (official website), kicks off today (Wednesday, October 15th), with all matches being shown live on the FOX Sports networks. In addition to the live airings, FOX Sports will also have a substantial number of re-airings for these matches available. The full schedule of live matches and all listed re-airs are included below. Continue reading
- Expect things to be light, both here on WordPress and especially on Twitter, for a while, as I get back up to speed and deal with some housekeeping.
- There will probably be more of a focus on research-oriented articles as opposed to quickie articles.
- That said, do expect round-up styles articles such as in the “News of Note” variety on a normal basis.
- But, if there is important breaking news, then do expect individual articles on that topic, depending on (my) availability.
- Note that the vanity domain name is now “wsoccerexpress.com,” as opposed to wsocexpress.com, which now redirects to wsoccerexpress.com,
- For short links on Twitter, the domain “wsocx.com” will be used for posts on this blog.
- As always, feel free to send comments and suggestions either via the comments below, Twitter (@WSoccerExpress), or use the contact form below.
News of Note for the National Women’s Soccer League… Details on the upcoming college draft, along with free agent status, international player quota and status, and initial roster structure, plus Seattle Reign FC names first head coach.
News of Note for the United States Women’s National Team: 2013 Algarve Cup matches may be available online… Nashville to host the USA and Scotland on February 13th. Continue reading
News of Note relating to the National Women’s Soccer League from the past few days: Seattle Team Name Unveiled: The Seattle Reign FC… Cindy (Parlow) Cone to helm Portland Thorns FC… Only a draft for college players… Mexico has been asked to up its sponsoring commitment to 16 players… League Twitter handle changed… League LLC created and trademarks filed. Continue reading
News of Note: USWNT defeated China 4:1 in its Final Fan Tribute Series match of 2012… USWNT versus Scotland in Jacksonville on February 9th… The name of the new women’s professional soccer league is the “National Women’s Soccer League,” or “NWSL”… Player allocation for new league planned for late December... Sarah Hagen scores four goals in German Cup quarterfinal… Mexico falters, Brazil rebounds. Continue reading
During halftime of Saturday night’s friendly between the United States Women’s National Team and China, the name of the new women’s professional league, along with its logo, was unveiled on NBC Sports Network. The name, “National Women’s Soccer League,” is not the one (“Women’s Professional Soccer Association”) mentioned earlier in the week by New Jersey Star-Ledger reporter, Frank Giase. Which is not to say that Giase’s information was wrong at the time, as the domain registrations for the new league’s primary web address, NWSLsoccer.com, was registered (Whois) a day after the article was published.
Name: National Women’s Soccer League
Logo: (included after the jump)
Website: NWSLsoccer.com (which currently redirects to the league’s Facebook page)