Sarah Hagen debuted for Frauen-Bundesliga side FC Bayern Munich on Sunday in their match against SC Freiburg. It took just 23 minutes for Hagan to score her first professional goal, which proved to be the game-winner in her squad’s 3-0 win.
Her second goal came in the 80th minute and was apparently scored via a header. Hagen was one of three forwards in Bayern Munich’s 3-4-3 formation (DFB.de match report). She played for the full ninety in near freezing temperatures and light snow.
FC Bayern Munich is currently ranked 8th in the twelve team Frauen Bundesliga (league table). At the end of the season, the bottom two teams are relegated to the second division.
Hagen signed with Bayern Munich in late December (edit: not January). Hagen’s contract with the team runs through June of this year. Also on the team is fellow American Niki Cross, who is primarily a central defender.
For more details, check out:
- FC Bayern Munich match report (in German)
- FC Bayern Munich article about the match (in German)
- Photos from the match
- SC Freiburg article about the match (in German)
- FC Bayern Munich article announcing the signing of Hagen and Cross
- FC Bayern Munich interview with Hagen (article, not video)
Edit: Corrected an error about when Hagen signed with the team. It was in late December, not January.