On Wednesday (correction: not Monday), Canada announced their final 20-player roster for the 2012 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship. The U-20 team had been in camp for two weeks with 22 players (canadasoccer.com). Eighteen of the twenty-two players attend American universities. I have listed the final roster below, adding hyperlinks to the players’ team bios, where available. The two players cut from the roster are Rachelle Beanlands ( University of Maryland) and Erin Uchacz (Oregon State).
- Players with asterisks (*) after their names do not have any apparent American connection.
- Players with plus signs (+) before their names are veterans of the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship, where Canada failed to qualify for the U-20 WWC.
- Players with caret signs (^) before their names competed in the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship. Canada won that event and qualified for the 2010 U-17 WWC.
- Players with tildes (~) before their name participated in the 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship. Canada finished in third place and qualified for the 2008 U-17 WWC.
- Players with pound signs (#) were on a U-17 WWC roster.
- Christine Exeter: University of Louisville
- #Lauren Granberg: Ohio State University
- Nicole “Nikki” Hill: University of Georgia (hometown: Scottsdale, Arizona)
- +#Vanessa Legault-Cordisco: Marquette University
- Rachel Melhado: University of Louisville
- ^Nicole Setterlund: Washington State University
- ~#+Shelina Zadorsky: University of Michigan
- Catherine Charron-Delage: Comètes de Laval (Quebec)*
- Olivia Colosimo: Butler University
- ^Kylie Davis: University of Memphis
- Constance de Chantal-Dumont: Champlain College Saint-Lambert*
- Jaclyn Sawicki: University of Victoria*
- ~#^#Diamond Simpson: Hamilton FC (Canada Games bio page)
- ~#Danica Wu: Ohio State
Note: Simpson has officially committed to Wisconsin for the 2012 season. She had previously committed in 2011, but took the year off in order to be a part of the senior Candadian WNT.