On Tuesday, November 5th, CONCACAF finally announced officially that the United States would be hosting the 2020 Concacaf Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament, and that the tournament is scheduled for January 28 to February 9, 2020. CONCACAF also announced that the group draw for the tournament will be held live on Thursday November 7th, at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Here’s the rough schedule:
- Round-Robin Group Matches: January 28th – February 4th, 2020
- Semifinals: Friday, February 7th
- Championship Match: Sunday, February 9th
Assuming that (1) Group A and Group B play on alternating days and (2) there are two rest days between matches, the Group match days would be as follows:
- Group A: January 28th, January 31, and February 3rd
- Group b: January 29th, February 1st, and February 4th
Although the specific draw format has not been announced, here is some speculation on how the pots could be divided and what group scenarios might be preferred: 2020 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship: Draw Speculation.
- Per CONCACAF, venues will be announced on the day of the draw, November 7th.
- As a reminder, two slots are available for CONCACAF
- Television coverage has not yet been announced