The Under-18 United States Women’s National Team, with an ad hoc roster of 2002-born players not in the immediate mix for the U-20 USWNT squad that will be playing in CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship later this month, fared well in its three matches of the “Tricontinental Cup,” earning shutouts against China PR and Norway, while losing by a goal to the Netherlands in their final match.
In this article:
- Table of Minutes Played, with Goals and Assists
- Basic summaries for each match (line-ups, substitutions, goals)
- with links to the Periscope replays
- A numerical shirt number guide
Continue reading “U-18 USWNT: Rewatch Guide for the USA’s 2020 “Tricontinental Cup” Matches”
- 05-Feb-2020: U-17 USWNT – Added details for CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship
- 11-Feb-2020: U-23 USWNT – Added details for Portland Thorns Spring Invitational
- 17-Feb-2020: Minor updates/clarifications
- 02-Mar-2020: Added March U-15 USGNT camp entry
- 13-MAR-2020: U.S. SOCCER HAS CANCELLED MOST YNT CAMPS THROUGH THE END OF APRIL, DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS. (U.S. SOCCER)
- NO NEWS ABOUT THE CONCACAF WOMEN’S UNDER-17 CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH IS SCHEDULED TO START ON APRIL 18TH IN MEXICO.
While U.S. Soccer’s dysfunctional website* does not often include much information about future youth team camps and/or matches, that is not the case with a number of other associations’ websites. In addition, youth USWNTs regular participate in annual friendly tournaments at the La Manga Club in Spain, which regularly publishes online its upcoming schedule of hosted matches.
*A subject for a future post. Or three…
So, after much browsing and searching…
…Here are some things that were news to me:
- Confirmation that a USA team is scheduled to participate in the April U-23 WNT friendly tournament at La Manga Club in Spain.
- News that the USA will be sending a GNT to the annual soccer tournament in Montaigu, France. The USA will be in a four-team U-16 GNT mini-tournament with France, Japan, and Norway.
- A June U-15 USGNT camp or trip involving the U-15 GNTs of Germany and the Netherlands.
- The host and dates of this year’s U-23 WNT Nordic Tournament: Norway, September 14th to the 22nd. (USA participation not confirmed.)
- Also, the CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship, which was originally scheduled to start on Saturday, February 15th, was quietly pushed back to February 22nd.
(Update 02-Feb-2020): Clarified the descriptions of the U-14 events.
In addition, a U-14 Girls identification regional mini-camp roster with dates for two more regional mini-camps plus a
normal national U-14 USGNT identification camp was published on Thursday, which gives a good picture of what that age group is doing up through late May.
Continue reading “Youth USWNTs: 2020 Calendar Update – Camps, Trips, and Tournaments”
The Under-18 United States Women’s National Team will play the U-18 WNTs of China PR, the Netherlands, and Norway in a friendly round-robin tournament, from Saturday January 25th to the 31st, in Lakewood Ranch, Florida. All matches will be streamed (live, presumably). For this camp, 20 players have been called up, all born in 2002.
This U-18 USWNT camp got underway on January 21st, the day after the conclusion of the U-20 USWNT’s January camp, which featured five 2002-born players, including, most notably, winger Trinity Rodman. Unsurprisingly, none of those 2002-born players have been named to this roster. Continue reading “U-18 USWNT: 20 Players Called In For Friendly Tournament against China PR, Netherlands, and Norway U-18 WNTs”
Earlier this week, U.S. Soccer announced that a U-18 USWNT camp is currently being held at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida (USSoccer.com). Mark Carr, who is the head coach of the U-20 USWNT, called in a total of 39 players, all born in 2002, for this camp, which started on Tuesday, October 1st and finishes a week later, on the 8th. Ten of those players have been called into their first youth national team camp.
Curiously, the number of camp attendees – 39 players – is significantly larger than normal for U-18 USWNT domestic camps, as they typically have had around 24 players during the last U-18 cycle (2017-2018). Continue reading “U-18 USWNT: October 2019 Camp Roster – 39 Players, 10 First-Timers”