The Under-15 United States Girls’ National Team is currently holding its first camp of 2020. For the camp, which runs from Monday, March 2nd, to Sunday, March 8th, 34 players, all born in 2005, have been called up. All but six of those players previously attended last October’s talent identification camp.
- 05-Feb-2020: U-17 USWNT – Added details for CONCACAF Women’s Under-17 Championship
- 11-Feb-2020: U-23 USWNT – Added details for Portland Thorns Spring Invitational
- 17-Feb-2020: Minor updates/clarifications
- 02-Mar-2020: Added March U-15 USGNT camp entry
- 13-MAR-2020: U.S. SOCCER HAS CANCELLED MOST YNT CAMPS THROUGH THE END OF APRIL, DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS. (U.S. SOCCER)
- NO NEWS ABOUT THE CONCACAF WOMEN’S UNDER-17 CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH IS SCHEDULED TO START ON APRIL 18TH IN MEXICO.
While U.S. Soccer’s dysfunctional website* does not often include much information about future youth team camps and/or matches, that is not the case with a number of other associations’ websites. In addition, youth USWNTs regular participate in annual friendly tournaments at the La Manga Club in Spain, which regularly publishes online its upcoming schedule of hosted matches.
*A subject for a future post. Or three…
So, after much browsing and searching…
…Here are some things that were news to me:
- Confirmation that a USA team is scheduled to participate in the April U-23 WNT friendly tournament at La Manga Club in Spain.
- News that the USA will be sending a GNT to the annual soccer tournament in Montaigu, France. The USA will be in a four-team U-16 GNT mini-tournament with France, Japan, and Norway.
- A June U-15 USGNT camp or trip involving the U-15 GNTs of Germany and the Netherlands.
- The host and dates of this year’s U-23 WNT Nordic Tournament: Norway, September 14th to the 22nd. (USA participation not confirmed.)
- Also, the CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship, which was originally scheduled to start on Saturday, February 15th, was quietly pushed back to February 22nd.
(Update 02-Feb-2020): Clarified the descriptions of the U-14 events.
In addition, a U-14 Girls identification regional mini-camp roster with dates for two more regional mini-camps plus a
normal national U-14 USGNT identification camp was published on Thursday, which gives a good picture of what that age group is doing up through late May.
On Wednesday, U.S. Soccer released the roster for an Under-15 Girls’ National Team talent identification camp which is currently underway at U.S. Soccer’s National Development Center in Kansas.* A total of 59 players, all born in 2005, are attending the camp, which is being led by U.S. Soccer Director of (Girls’) Talent Identification Mirelle van Rijbroek.
*U.S. Soccer’s roster write-up was published online Wednesday afternoon, but backdated to Sunday, the 6th.
At least thirteen of the players attended a U-14 GNT camp in 2018, including the four 2005’ers who were on the USA’s 2018 CONCACAF Girls’ U-15 Championship roster: Olivia Moultrie, Maggie Taitano, Gisele Thompson, and Amelia Van Zanten. (For that tournament, the USA sent a U-14 team that consisted of players born in 2004 and 2005.) Moultrie, Taitano, and Thompson also attended the only U-16 USGNT camp so far this year, which was held in the Netherlands, back in June (U.S. Soccer). Continue reading “U-15 USGNT: 59 Players Called In For Talent ID Camp”